[MPlayer-dev-eng] credits to mplayer needed?

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Jan 5 14:57:41 CET 2003

Frodo writes:
 > in november I joined the xbox mediaplayer team. (
 > http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbplayer )
 > I know there have been some problems in the past (b4 i joined) and just
 > wanna say
 > we don't wanna make this mistake again. We fully appreciate and admire
 > mplayer and other open source projects.
 > Anyway when I joined xbox mediaplayer we decided to throw away our decoder
 > and use the mplayer core
 > and at the moment its working very nicely. But too make sure we don't make
 > the same mistake as b4,
 > I was wondering if you guys would appreciate it if we mentioned mplayer and
 > its website on our splashscreen?

I cannot imagine how anybody could be against this.  Please give us
credit.

 > also for the cygwin guys, take a look at our CVS. For example we've ported
 > mplayer's win32 loader with dmo/dshow.
 > I believe this is not working yet for cygwin? if not it should B relative
 > easy 2 use our modified loader

No, Win32 DLLs do not work on Cygwin with standard mplayer, but it
would be lovely to have this.  Cool!  I think Sascha Sommer is working
on this, but it's not finished yet.  Why don't you try to work more
closely with us on these things?  Then you would not need to have your
own fork of MPlayer.  I'm sure many of your patches would be accepted.
Regards

Diego