[MPlayer-dev-eng] credits to mplayer needed?

Frodo csharprules at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 5 11:16:20 CET 2003

Hi all,

in november I joined the xbox mediaplayer team. (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbplayer )
I know there have been some problems in the past (b4 i joined) and just
wanna say
we don't wanna make this mistake again. We fully appreciate and admire
mplayer and other open source projects.
Anyway when I joined xbox mediaplayer we decided to throw away our decoder
and use the mplayer core
and at the moment its working very nicely. But too make sure we don't make
the same mistake as b4,
I was wondering if you guys would appreciate it if we mentioned mplayer and
its website on our splashscreen?

also for the cygwin guys, take a look at our CVS. For example we've ported
mplayer's win32 loader with dmo/dshow.
I believe this is not working yet for cygwin? if not it should B relative
easy 2 use our modified loader

Best regards & happy new year

Frodo