[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-users] SDL video output bug?

Filip Kalinski filon at pld.org.pl
Fri Jan 3 00:16:48 CET 2003

Dnia Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 10:47:38PM +0100, Arpi  co następuje:
> Hi,

> > > can you give me exact URL to the file?
> > >
> > > and which pp flags you enabled?
> > >

> > The file is:
> > http://progressive.stream.aol.com/newline/gl/newline/lordofth
> > erings/TheTwoTowers-tlr_240.zip
> > and the bug is triggered by any -pp <number> greater than 0.
>
> i couldn't completely reproduce: i get sig11 with -vo sdl -pp 1 -noxv
>
> it sig11s in the Hermes library used by libSDL to do software scaling /
> colorspace conversion. it usually crash because it's buggy to hell, and the
> other causes are usually nasm's bugs (it's compiled with nasm).
>
> note that sdl uses DGA with software scaling only if Xv not available (of
> -noxv) and fullscreen is used. so it can be even DGA driver problem, for
> example matrox g400's xfere dga driver produces similar effects as you
> described...

You know, the effect disapeared :-) I cannot reporuduce it anymore...
(I haven't been updating anything else than mplayer, so maybe it was
fixed somehow, who knows, but I don't see any changes on whcih it can
depend :)

BTW I was using xv-enabled sdl x11 subdriver (-noxv also doesn't work on
my computer, but the effect is different, the player works, but with
black screen with small green square at the top-left corner).

--
Filip Kalinski <filon at pld.org.pl>