[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-users] SDL video output bug?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 2 22:47:38 CET 2003

Hi,

> > > It works fine when there is no postrocessing (I mean "-pp" option).
> > > Enabling it activates the bug.
> >
> > can you give me exact URL to the file?
> >
> > and which pp flags you enabled?
> >

> The file is:
> http://progressive.stream.aol.com/newline/gl/newline/lordofth
> erings/TheTwoTowers-tlr_240.zip
> and the bug is triggered by any -pp <number> greater than 0.

i couldn't completely reproduce: i get sig11 with -vo sdl -pp 1 -noxv

it sig11s in the Hermes library used by libSDL to do software scaling /
colorspace conversion. it usually crash because it's buggy to hell, and the
other causes are usually nasm's bugs (it's compiled with nasm).

note that sdl uses DGA with software scaling only if Xv not available (of
-noxv) and fullscreen is used. so it can be even DGA driver problem, for
example matrox g400's xfere dga driver produces similar effects as you
described...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team