[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [patch] improve dxr3 tv norm switching

David Holm david at realityrift.com
Thu Jan 2 20:03:26 CET 2003

Why do you add so many #ifdefs? They are only needed if you have to check for
some mplayer feature to be enabled (such as X11) or to be compatible with an
older version of em8300 (like 0.12.0). All these new ifdefs just waste space
and makes no sense.
Why did you remove all the '.' from the output? A sentence is generally
started by a capitalized letter and ended with a '.'.
Why did you remove the initialization values to some of the declared
variables? I personally don't like having uninitialized variables floating
around.

I have commited the code that resets the tv norm. I also removed some of the
senseless ifdefs from the previous norm patch.
Most of the textual changes don't make sense to me, why remove the trailing
'.'?

//David Holm