FWD:Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] VIA's CLE266 chipset's MPEG2 decoding capabilities

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Tue Feb 25 21:52:14 CET 2003

Well I was told by arpi that i have to resend my letter.
If you are intersted i will forward here and future mails.
Here is what i've got in reply:

Forwarded Message from Fiona Gatt (fina.gatt at viaarena.com):

Ivan, in answer to your other points, we would supply the motherboard.
The EPIA M-series mainboard in question comes with either the VIA C3
processor (EBGA package) integrated on the motherboard, or the VIA Eden
ESP CPU integrated on the motherboard. The C3 is also sold separately as
a desk-top PC CPU for socket 370 motherboards. Both the VIA Eden ESP
processor and the VIA C3 processor are based on the same process
technology. The difference comes in where the VIA Eden ESP processor
goes through a different production flow where the conditions for
testing and reliability control for ultra low voltage and power, as well
as high Tcase, are implemented.

Best regards and thank you for emailing me your questions.

Fiona Gatt
VIA Arena Team
Web Media Liaison
VIA Technologies, Inc.
www.viaarena.com
www.viatech.com

Forwarded Message From SShang
Ivan,

What we have are a proprietary MPEG driver (libddmpeg.so)
and its video interface API information. We hope someone
from the MPlayer project can optimize the code to take
advantage of the underlying hardware acceleration
features. FYI, the chip includes a hardware-accelerated
slice layer decoder.

What we'll offer for development include a driver package,
an API doc, 2 header files. The API doc may need an NDA.
But the code you add/modify to the MPlayer follows the
common open source practice.

If you have any question, kindly let me know.

Regards,

Sam