[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: install localized manpages +

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Thu Feb 20 10:24:58 CET 2003

    Hi, Andreas Hess!

Sometime (on Thursday, February 20 at 11:13) I've received something...
>You're really trying hard to make a joke out of yourself. Isn't it
>enough for you, that the people at debian-devel laugh at you? You're
>accusing me of not reading your mails, but please, do you bother
>reading other mails? At least 5 people stated in this thread, that
>the current behaviour sucks, no feedback from you. I've asked you,
>how to prove that no/most programs don't have your new beloved
>behaviour with using just the $LINGUAS variable, no answer from you.
>I've made a patch based on a lot of useful proposals in this thread,
>a patch, that should make everyone happy, there is even a very easy
>way to get all manpages installed, no feedback from you. Maybe it's
>just because you don't know Makefile syntax, but then please don't
>tamper with it. Maybe it's just because you have some lingering
>sentiments to people who do not always agree with you, but then
>please don't try to drive everyone to xine, with your "my way is
>always the right way, even so it botches mplayer development"
>behaviour.

BTW, as for me, I don't mind use "all" for --language instead of default
but you have to warn users about missed localization if no language was
selected (add warning at end of configure if $LANGUAGES was empty). I
insist on that if community will agree with your way.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.