[MPlayer-dev-eng]

Andreas Hess jaska at gmx.net
Fri Feb 7 19:02:00 CET 2003

Hi,

I've nearly missed this mail, where is the subject? ;)

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 06:20:30PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > just in case anyone is interested I've applied a diff between
> > version 1.2.4 and 1.2.5 to libmpdvdkit2. Most of the changes
> > are just cosmetics and win/cygwin compatibility fixes. Version
> > 1.2.5 now also includes the key-cache (a small rewrite of the
> > key-cache-patch), but after looking at it for just 30 seconds
> > and seeing one possible bug (?), I left this out and kept the
>
> bug? where?

10l for my brain bug, pay no attention to this, I've looked a
little bit more attentive into the code, there seems to be
no bug.

I've just looked at these lines:

        sprintf( dvdcss->psz_block, "%.10x", i_block );
        i_fd = open( dvdcss->psz_cachefile, O_RDONLY );

and thought that the block is never assigned to the cachefile,
but I've missed the following part in another file:

        /* Pointer to the filename we will use. */
        dvdcss->psz_block = dvdcss->psz_cachefile + i;

where psz_block is made a pointer at the right position in the
cachefile.

[...]

> i think we should kept their key-cache code, and fix (and submit the patch
> to dvdcss maintainer, Sam) the possible bugs...
> otherwise getting the key-cache patch into dvdcss had no sense...

Ok, if I make another patch with the official libdvdcss way for
cachefile handling, than this wouldn't be useless work and the
patch will be applied? If so, I will make another patch tonight.

Andreas