[MPlayer-dev-eng]

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Feb 7 18:20:30 CET 2003

Hi,

> just in case anyone is interested I've applied a diff between
> version 1.2.4 and 1.2.5 to libmpdvdkit2. Most of the changes
> are just cosmetics and win/cygwin compatibility fixes. Version
> 1.2.5 now also includes the key-cache (a small rewrite of the
> key-cache-patch), but after looking at it for just 30 seconds
> and seeing one possible bug (?), I left this out and kept the

bug? where?
they've applied our key-cache patch, probably with some
modifications/cosmetics.

i know about 2 differences:
- it can be enabled by environment var. only
  (so we have to setenv() in mplayer or patch it)
- it is disabled on the 'mounted' case (no direct device access) -> actually
  it's a fix for a bug we still have :(

i think we should kept their key-cache code, and fix (and submit the patch
to dvdcss maintainer, Sam) the possible bugs...
otherwise getting the key-cache patch into dvdcss had no sense...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino