[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Mplayer-devel] fabiannak

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue Feb 4 12:50:49 CET 2003

Am Dienstag, 4. Februar 2003 10:14 schrieb Zoltan Ponekker:
> Hali
>
> > learn hungarian: uhm ...
> >
> :))
> :
> > try german: I could, but would he understand it ; Ich könnte, aber würde
> > er es verstehen ?
>
> Ja, ich verstehe ...

Hey, das ist cool!

> > Write mails in C: I would love to do, but it'll be a bit difficult ...
> > be more patient: no way!
>
> Why ?
>
> int BODY( SUBJECT='i hate pontscho ...' )
> {
>
>  if ( i_found_one_bug() )
>   {
>    report_bug();
>    you_fix_please();
>   }
>
>  return ANSWER PLEASE;
> }
>
> :)

ok, you won!

> :
> > what about latin or french ?
>
> Nice language, but i hate ... :(

free(latin);

> > > translation follows:
> > >
> > > My problems with your patch:
> > >
> > > the fallback to playlist doesn't work (try: [g]mplayer a.m3u)
> >
> > HUH ? DOES NOT WORK ?
>
> not.

ok, I see the problem now ...

> > > If i run (force) it with the -playlist option, then it works, but after
> > > pressing 'stop' the subwindow isn't redrawn.
> >
> > hm ... ?
>
> a.m3u:
>
> --- snip ---
> Asterix and Obelix vs Caesar - disk 1.avi
> Asterix and Obelix vs Caesar - disk 2.avi
> --- snip ---
>
> > Falling back on trying to parse playlist /home/franz/.xmms/xmms.m3u...
>
> Nie, but try movie's.

I did :

www.apple.com/trailers/
www.rtl.de
www.disney.com

> Please put next your patch.

You mean I shall insert this ?

> > > Anyway i like this stuff.
> > >
> > :-)
> >
> > DID you apply my whole last patch ?
>
> After 0.9, we have a feature freeze.

yes, i know. I meant your local tree. I'm subbscribed to cvs log!

> > I'm resending it again with this mail (its huge anyway) ...
> >
> > I know it has some stuff in in which has nothing to do with this patch,
> > but with better integration of mplayer-plugin ...
> >
> > BUT PLEASE:
> >
> > - checkout yourself a fresh cvs tree
> > - apply this whole patch
>
> We use ALWAYS fresh cvs.

ok, just an asummption ...

> > Then configure:
> >
> > ./configure --enable-gui --enable-debug
>
> Same here.
>
> > Please also attach an ./gmplayer -v a.m3u listing, of whats going wrong
>
> Ok.
>
> Falling back on trying to parse playlist /mnt/hda/4/Muvi/Asterix es
> Obelix/Asterix and Obelix vs Caes
> ar/a.m3u...
> Trying asx...
> Trying winamp playlist...
> Trying extended m3u playlist...
> Trying reference-ini playlist...
> Error while parsing playlist
> Warning empty playlist
> ============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported
> ============= === If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please
> contact the author! ===
>
> Hm. MPlayer not supported RAW m3u files ?????? Eh ... :(

It cannot fallback on them, because it would screw up format ...

plaintext-playlist have still to be forced!

And this explains the errors you have ...

Please convert them to one format mplayer does fallback on:

Just add #EXTM3U (Even if its not) to the beginning of your playlist ...

Format is then:

#EXTM3U
filea.mov
fileb.avi
filec.wav

So, like a raw playlist, but mplayer cann fallback on it ...

Ok, progress.c:

make_playlists_compatible_with_fallback("#EXTM3U"); // This can be used also
for movies
while (!Test_with_mplayer(my_pl); // Test first without gui!
   make_playlists_compatible_with_fallback("#EXTM3U"); // Try it again or use
other format

// Oik with mplayer it works: Try gui:

Try_gmplayer_with(mp_pl, enqueue=0); // -noenqueue
Try_gmplayer_with(mp_pl, enqueue=1); // -enqueue

if (err=noErr)
  mp_msg(MSGT_TESTING,MSGL_INFO,"First test passed!\n"); // I know there is no
MSGT_TESTING

while (testing(patch))
{
  answer_and_give_feedback(patch->bad_things);
  wait(for_new_patch);
  if (satisfied(patch))
    break;
}