[MPlayer-dev-eng] deterministic builds

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Fri Dec 26 14:17:14 CET 2003

* Joey Parrish <joey at nicewarrior.org> [2003-12-24 15:17:52 -0600]:

> On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 01:08:47PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> > How ?
> > Does it use ldd ? Well, thats not reliable enought for me.
>
> Why not?  ldd isn't going to lie to you!

I dont think that its the right idea to let the computer do something
and after then try to find out, what it has done.

Better to say in short words, what we want to have and then let
the computer let do all the work.

At this point a clear design from ground up is better than patchwork.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481