[MPlayer-dev-eng] deterministic builds

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Wed Dec 24 22:17:52 CET 2003

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 01:08:47PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> How ?
> Does it use ldd ? Well, thats not reliable enought for me.

Why not?  ldd isn't going to lie to you!

As seen in `man ldd`:
----------
ldd - print shared library dependencies
ldd prints the shared libraries required by each program
or shared library specified on the command line.

ldd does not work very well on libc.so.5 itself.

ldd does not work on a.out shared libraries.

ldd does not work with some extremely old a.out programs
which were built before ldd support was added to the com­
piler releases.

Are you planning on creating a libc5 or a.out based system?
Otherwise, I think ldd is what you need.

--Joey

--
"I know Kung Fu." --Darth Vader