[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Mplayer-cvslog] CVS: main ChangeLog,1.48,1.49

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Mon Aug 25 19:07:36 CEST 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:10:22 +0200
Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Replying to myself as the mailer sucked..
> > It's clear that we need some release strategy as 0.90 was release
> > about a half year ago and the users are disappointed.
>
> So, the current proposed release 'version-line' is:
> mplayer g1
>   * current codebase
>   * probably final release in a half year ;)
> mplayer g1.5
>   * original g1 codebase
>   * plus backported (de)muxer/filter/vo layers of g2
>   * for extensive testing of g2 api
> mplayer g2
>   * switch finally to lib based g2
>   * provide (G)UIs

I think 1.0 would be fine, although the amount of bugs didnt decrease,
i hear more and more that mplayer works flawless for most ppl.
After that, i'd continue the development with 1.x as you proposed
and call the "final" release of G2 2.0 (which would perfectly fit ;)

Greetings
			Attila Kinali

--
Chu beyond the blackest chu, Deeper then the deepest pika, King of pikachu who
shines like gold on the sea of electric. I call upon thee, swear myself to thee,