[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Mplayer unable to play MPEG2-TS over RTP (Was: Mplayer as a Client for VideoLAN server)

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Sun Aug 3 08:24:50 CEST 2003

Rett Walters wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>Huh?  "demux_rtp.cpp" is a C++ file.  Why are you trying to compile it with
>>the C compiler?  The Makefile should be doing the right thing (i.e
>>compiling C++ files with the C++ compiler).  Are you sure you 'configure'd
>>properly?
>>

>Yes, I configured properly - see Nico's followup about a type def needed in his
>demuxer.h patches to fix this issue.
>

>>ps. In any case, you should be using a more recent CVS version of the code,
>>so you can use the new "demux_is_multiplexed_rtp_stream()" function, which
>>tells you whether or not the input RTP stream has audio+video multiplexed
>>together.
>>

>As per your above suggestion:
>
>I have applied Nico's patches and fix for the compile issue to CVS tar ball from
>8-03-2003, and have found that the problem we originally had (Completely corrupt
>video and mplayer crashing after a few seconds).  So I am not sure that the code you
>mentioned above to detect multiplexed RTP streams is working properly.  I have much
>more success from using 7-24 CVS (which Nico's patches are derived from).  At least
>the video is relatively intact, unlike the latest CVS.
>
>Rett

the current  code in cvs doesn't contain the patch to demux_open_stream().
My patch for Ross' detection routine is still to be written, this time
moved to demuxer.c.
For the time being it's better using my original patch.

Rett,
did you increase the values of MAX_PACKS and MAX_PACK_BYTES  in  demuxer.h?

This is my setting:

#define MAX_PACKS 32768

#ifdef HAVE_TV_BSDBT848
#define MAX_PACK_BYTES 0x8000000
#else
#define MAX_PACK_BYTES 0x8000000
#endif

I hope it's enough, because at that layer there's nothing else I can do.

I tried to stream a  8 Mb/s through vls, and with those settings the
playback is quite good.