[MPlayer-dev-eng] Zoran video output problem

rsnel at cube.dyndns.org rsnel at cube.dyndns.org
Wed Apr 23 00:50:19 CEST 2003

Hello,

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Stephen Bain wrote:
> I've had a few problems with the zoran video output driver (-vo zr) and
> I wondered if anyone else had encountered them.  I am running MPlayer
> 0.90 release, on Debian 3.0 with a custom 2.4.19 kernel.  I have tried
> compiling with gcc 2.95.4 and gcc 3.0.4.
>
> With the zoran driver selected, mplayer doesn't seem to be able to play
> multiple video files by specifing multiple names on the command line.
>  The first one plays fine, but when re-initializing the video output for
> the second one, it fails.  The same problem seems to occur with other
> methods of playing multiple videos with a single execution of mplayer,
> i.e. the OSD menu.  This is what happens when trying to play the second
> video.
>
> I believe that I have traced the cause of this problem to a few small
> bugs in vo_zr.c and jpeg_enc.c
>
> 1.  The playback buffer that is mmapped in vo_zr.c is not munmaped when
> uninitialising the card.
> 2.  The queue and synco elements of the zr_info_t structure are not
> reset to 0 when uninitialising the card.
> 3.  The MpegEncContext (j->s) element is not fully initialised in
> jpeg_enc_init, but the code seems to assume that some fields are
> initialised to 0.
>
> I have attached a patch that fixes these problems for me.  I am not
> familiar with mplayer internals, so it's possible that I haven't fixed
> the problem in the best way, or that the patch will introduce more
> problems :).
You are correct, multiple config requests do not work. (didn't implement
it because I am lazy) I will take a look at your patch tomorrow.
Furthermore I believe that uninit is not called between config requests
(but I will also see that tomorrow)

Good night.

Greetings,

Rik.

--
Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.