[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: FB output

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Sun Apr 20 22:20:57 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> writes:

> Not only STFW, also UTFC (update the fine CVS)!! -vo fbdev works again
> as of yesterday, although it's very slow and far from optimal.

Hum. Well I got it working with -vf scale=x:y where x:y are exactly 2x my
screen resolution. Any other scale factor and it's too slow.

So if fbdev is very slow what other modes might be faster? Is svgalib faster?
As far as I know the card doesn't have any relevant acceleration so I think
the thinnest most direct way to address the frame buffer would be the fastest.
That's why I was looking for a fbdev or svgalib solution.

--
greg