[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer svgalib or fb configuration on second monitor.

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Sun Apr 20 02:14:22 CEST 2003

I have two graphics adapters on my machine. The secondary card doesn't have Xv
support so it's too slow to play anything much on mplayer, but I'm wondering
if it wouldn't be possible to use svgalib or a framebuffer console instead.

I can't figure out how to get mplayer via svgalib to use the secondary monitor
though. Every svgalib program seems to insist on using the primary screen.

And I don't know where to start with the framebuffer stuff. I don't think I
want to change my primary screen to a frame buffer console as then I would
lose the accelerated driver.

Is this even possible? Is it going to be faster than using the X11 driver?
Do I have any other options that might make more sense?

--
greg