[MPlayer-dev-eng] Real rtsp:// support

Roberto Togni r_togni at libero.it
Thu Apr 17 22:36:08 CEST 2003

Hi all,
  i ported Real rtsp:// support from xine.

It works with the few links i tried, please test.

It depends on file extension to differentiate between Real rtsp and
standard rtsp urls. It's not a foolproof method, but it was easy to
implement. Ideas are welcome (my only attemp to switch to a different
stream type after a failed connection with Real lib was unsuccessful,
but i'll try again).

At the moment only .rm files are supported, if you know other working
extensions please report them.

There's is still a lot of cleanup to do (unused functions and message
output expecially), but i'm trying keep changes to a minimum to make
future syncs with xine codebase easier.

I don't know much about the internals of the code, so if you have a url
that doesn't work please test it also with xine; if it's broken there
too, then i probably can't help you.

Ciao,
  Roberto