[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFD] Something...

gabucino at mplayerhq.hu gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Sun Apr 13 15:33:25 CEST 2003

Daniel Egger wrote:
> Mobility is one of the best supported GPUs under Linux out there.
If we really want to use that sucker "GPU" term, I'm gonna call my
GUS ACE (GF1) as "SPU".

> Also my PowerBook beats an Athlon XP-1700 in dnetc's RC5-72. This shows
> that it's just a matter of writing good code and using all the
> capabilities.
Yeah, and dnetc RC5-64 worked best on Cyrix MX/M2 CPUs. So much for
dnetc-benchmarking. (even dnetc's RTFM says this..)

> I've fried an ATI Rage 128. Ask James Simmons about his statistics, he
> managed to kill a few more and different cards.
I hope you don't mean to say it's "buggy software" instead of "buggy hardware".
A'rpi once killed a Hercules _display_ with wrong timings ;)

> > Also with the incompetence of the xf86 developers, I would trust
> > Nick's untested code more than their xv code!
> Who the hell are you to call the developers of the most used application
> on UNIX(-like) systems incompetent?
xf86 developers just simply suck, we all have true stories about them and
XFree86. No wonder Keith Packard (Xvesa, Xfbdev, and probably other cool
stuffz) decided to fork that bloated shit.

> Heck, even lspci -M or -xxx can crash a machine with some hardware and
> they are well tested on a lot of systems.
lm_sensors' SMBUS _reading_ function totally nukes IBM ThinkPad notebooks. So I
guess lm_sensors is buggy, isn't it??? :)

--
Gabucino
MPlayer Core Team