[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFD] Something...

Daniel Egger degger at fhm.edu
Sat Apr 12 20:57:39 CEST 2003

Am Sam, 2003-04-12 um 16.47 schrieb D Richard Felker III:

> If you're using a junky vo like xv or x11, yes, I'll believe that for
> sure. On the other hand, comparing xine to mplayer -vo [x]mga or even
> -vo fbdev is probably a joke.

Just curious: What would be a good vo? Last time I tried xvidix doesn't
even compile on linux/ppc, let alone work. DirectFB might work but I
haven't tried it lately.

I rather trust the junky vo Xv than run something written by whatever
developer by poking in random registers of hardware. I trust Nick in
this regard but doubt he'd get it right for non-x86 without the
hardware. It's trivial to fry a GPU, so I'd rather not try/trust such
code on my PowerBook.

--
Servus,
       Daniel