[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fwd: mplayer doesn't compile cleanly against CVS co of libfaad2

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 12 03:48:51 CEST 2003

Hi,

maybe someone can take a look at this, I have no time currently.

Subject: mplayer doesn't compile cleanly against CVS co of libfaad2
Date: Friday 11 April 2003 17:39
From: Michael Bacarella <mbac at netgraft.com>
To: atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net

./mplayer --version
MPlayer 0.90rc5-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

faad2 CVS 2002-08-07  menno

./configure --enable-faad

Basically the FAADVERSION preprocessor conditional in libmpcodecs/ad_faad.c

    /* init the codec */
#if (FAADVERSION <= 11)
    faac_init = faacDecInit(faac_hdec, sh->a_in_buffer,
       &faac_samplerate, &faac_channels);
#else
    faac_init = faacDecInit(faac_hdec, sh->a_in_buffer,
       sh->a_in_buffer_len, &faac_samplerate, &faac_channels);
#endif

wasn't set properly when I ran ./configure and the wrong faadDecInit()
call is generated.

I couldn't find FAADVERSION defined anywhere in the source, so I simply
added #define FAADVERSION 11 at the top of the source file (which failed).
Changed it to #define FAADVERSION 12 and it compiled cleanly.

I couldn't figure out who to tell about this, so I looked through
AUTHORS and found:

    Felix B�nemann (Atmos) <atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net>
        * SDL driver maintainer
        * AAC decoding support via libfaad2

Enjoy. :)

--
Michael Bacarella                  24/7 phone: 646 641-8662
Netgraft Corporation                   http://netgraft.com/

Finger email address for public key.  Key fingerprint:
  C40C CB1E D2F6 7628 6308  F554 7A68 A5CF 0BD8 C055

Best Regards,
        Atmos