[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: stupid option handling.. again???

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Apr 11 17:05:31 CEST 2003

Hi Balatoni Denes,

on Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:52:45 +0200 you wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Let me intervene with my clever thoughts :)
>

> On 2003. április 11. 14.15, Alban Bedel wrote:
> > > Ok. I think just as developer. My reasons:
> > > 1) when I add new filter/etc. then why I want to know every point
> > > where
> > >   that filter is mentioned? I want just add the file and include it
> > >   in main list. It's a little problem and that is why some filters
> > >   are missed in documentation yet. Sorry, but it's inconvenient.
> > Since when do you have to do more than putting the filter in the main
> > list to add a filter ?????
>
> To my understanding you have to put the options into cfg-* too? (correct
> me if I am wrong).
> So if a third party adds a filter, mplayer will not be able to use it's
> options unless it gets into mplayer cvs.
No each filter put his option list in the opt field of the filter_info
struct. The object_list option type then use the filter list to check filters
names and options (if the filter have any option definition). Then when we
open the filter we use again this option list to build an struct containig
the parameters for the filter.
	Albeu