[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: stupid option handling.. again???

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Fri Apr 11 14:52:45 CEST 2003

Hi!

Let me intervene with my clever thoughts :)

On 2003. április 11. 14.15, Alban Bedel wrote:
> > Ok. I think just as developer. My reasons:
> > 1) when I add new filter/etc. then why I want to know every point where
> >   that filter is mentioned? I want just add the file and include it in
> >   main list. It's a little problem and that is why some filters are
> >   missed in documentation yet. Sorry, but it's inconvenient.
> Since when do you have to do more than putting the filter in the main
> list to add a filter ?????

To my understanding you have to put the options into cfg-* too? (correct me if
I am wrong).
So if a third party adds a filter, mplayer will not be able to use it's
options unless it gets into mplayer cvs.
imho the dependency of a registering function in mplayer is worth it, if it is
to have independent mplayer modules by others (still availble to mplayer users
without recompiling and patching).

> There is really no advantage. Again f we use registering then the
> register function (and all his deps) have to be linked in. If we just
> export a var the host app can chose what to do.

bye
Denes