[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer G2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Apr 10 19:10:28 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I agree.  I know I'm probably the only fan of the gif demuxer, but

sure :)

> If not, will this index struct be defined outside of the indiviual
> demuxer?  I can't see any good reason why either way would be better
> than the other.  But I'm interested, so if there is, please tell me.

I didn't completely decided yet, but my current idea is:
The index will be kept/handled by common core demuxer functions,
but the position (an off_t value) will be provided by each demuxer
and this value will be passed back to the seek functions.
You can store whatever you want in it, file position, index entry,
pointer to some struct entry, etc.
Also I plan to store idnex only for teh video 9and audio) keyframes,
it has no sense to store predicted entry points, as index is used only
for seeking. FOr audio maybe block boundaries or for bytesterams (like
mp3) one entry per second could do.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team