[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer G2

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Thu Apr 10 08:19:29 CEST 2003

Current mplayer HAS got cache, and as far as I saw, G2 has got too (cache2.c).
Also some time ago I had an idea, to use cache layer to messure some critical
things, like too slow "source", and create an API for this, so everyone can
write modules easily to call certain funcions in case of problem (just one
- maybe dumb - idea: alter the speed of the CDROM, my DVD drive overheats
every CDs reading longer than few minutes, and I hate adjust spead by hand
every time to try to get the "good" speed for the current task).

- Gábor (larta'H)