[MPlayer-dev-eng] demux_ts and AC3 help

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 6 13:37:58 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I'm testing  demux_ts with MPEG-TS  samples containing AC3 sound and   I have a
> strange problem:
> the first few seconds are audible, then liba52 reports:
>
> a52: CRC check failed!
> a52: error at resampling
>
> Yet, if I dump the audio part and play it with
>
> mplayer -rawaudio on=1:format=0x2000 audio.ac3
>
> I can hear the whole clip without errors; in both cases the same demuxer is
> involved, so
> I don't understand what is wrong in the case of first clip.

it must be a bug somewhere. is there a sample clip availabla at mphq ?

btw, some DVB channels (pro7 for example) broadcasts with somewhat broken
ac3 streams, they strip down the stream id from 01BD PES header as it's
already included in TS header as PID.
i've made a hack for that, search the mplayer-dvb list for it.
(it was very long time ago)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team