[MPlayer-dev-eng] ?[patch]? Bottom aligned subtitles

Oskar Liljeblad oskar at osk.mine.nu
Sun Sep 15 10:04:12 CEST 2002

On Saturday, September 14, 2002 at 22:01, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> > Or another approach: skip sub_align_top, use only sub_pos. If
> > sub_pos is below 50 (i.e. top half of screen), use top alignment,
> > otherwise bottom alignment. (Actually I outlined the code for this
> > in an earlier post.)
>
> Huh? This is total nonsense. Whether you want top/bottom alignment has
> nothing to do with whether the subs are above or below 50%. It's more
> related to whether you're putting them in a black border below the
> movie, or else in front of the picture. In any case, there's a much
> better way to do it without adding a new option: just make negative
> subpos indicate bottom alignment.

Okay, let me get this thing straigt. :) Who would want top alignment
when the subs are in the bottom black border? And why?

Does any TV channel you know put subtitles like this? Are the sub-
titles on any DVD you seen put like this? (Maybe it is different
in other parts of the world, I dunno, but I doubt it.)

Oskar Liljeblad (oskar at osk.mine.nu)