[MPlayer-dev-eng] ?[patch]? Bottom aligned subtitles

Jiří Svoboda Jiri.Svoboda at seznam.cz
Sun Sep 15 10:23:11 CEST 2002

Hi,

Sometimes ME. I want to have them just bellow the movie. Especially
when you have small subtitles and widescreen movie and thus big
black bands it's not very comfortable go far from the movie to locate
subtitles.

The I do not have them inside movie AND there is no big space between
subs
and movie (if you have bottom aligned ones you have to specify lower
position
Of subtitles because they can have more lines).

About sub_end_pos < sub_pus -> nothing bad will happen. Subtitles will
be botom aligned to sub_end_pos. Sub_pos is taken always as hint
(also in current implementation) so if there is not enough space
Sub_pos is ignored.

I thing that implementation with positive/negative value of subpos looks
for me as best solution.

				JS