[MPlayer-dev-eng] Working on wmv9

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Sep 9 20:58:34 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > > yes qasf.dll is a ds filter (ASF Reader) but needs WMVCORE.DLL (2mb)
> >
> > ehh we don't need .asf reader, but audio and video _decoder_
> hmm micro$oft has a strange policy.
> direct media obejects connect ONLY to their asf reader
> Also to connect the "encode engine" the windows application need to
> "authenticate" itself with a key. (Yes you cannot use the encoder into an app
> in you don't have the license).

argh...
so forget both ways - implement native decoder or do nothing...

> Btw I don't need to see video encoded with microcrap macroblock encoder,
> and you?

i don't need, now. but what will be few months later?
every site will migrate to wmp9 and mplayer will eb useless then.
anyway i'm using mplayer only for mpeg 1/2 and divx 3/4 so i don't care...

> If Micro$soft want this..
it seems.
anywya i bet someone will bring up some cracked version sooner or later
do you remember the divx 3.11 case...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team