[MPlayer-dev-eng] -vo bl added (was -vo arcade)

rsnel at cube.dyndns.org rsnel at cube.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 9 00:29:13 CEST 2002

Hello all,

Since there were no objections, I have added the arcade driver to CVS.
The realtime playback problems are solved. This driver is extensible, so
that it can support other Blinkenlights (and similar) projects in the
future.

configure with: ./configure --enable-bl

playback: mplayer -vo bl:arcade:host=localhost -vop scale=26:20 file.mpg
          mplayer -vo bl:arcade:file=foo.bml -vop scale=26:20 file.mpg
(you may want to crop the video first)

Note that you should use blinkensim-directfb and not blinkensim-gtk
(from blinkensim-2.0.tar.gz) due to serious performance issues with the
gtk version.

The Aracade is not yet online, but I have placed a screenshot of the
blinkensim simulation at http://www.phys.uu.nl/~snel/startrek.jpg .
More info about and software for the project:
http://www.blinkenlights.de and http://www.blinkenlights.de/arcade .

Greetings,

Rik.

--
Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.