[MPlayer-dev-eng] Working on wmv9

Gianluigi Tiesi sherpya at netfarm.it
Sun Sep 8 21:44:51 CEST 2002

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 09:43:52PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I'm still trying to make work wmv9
> good luck :)
>
> > I've the dlls, but they are windows media object
> :(

> > External func OLEAUT32.dll:8
> > Warning: DS_Filter() no such class object.  (DLL=wmvdmod.dll)
> > Failed to create DirectShow filter

update: the func import from  oleaut32.dll is VariantInit

> yes it doesn't answer teh dshow filter registartion functions :(
>
> > Window media objects are not ds filters... then they need new arch for
> > micro$oft has made a sort of "protection" for these objects...
>
> :(
>
> someone should try if the old wmp (which dosn't support wmo, but does dshow)
> can play such files by auto-downloading vfw/dshow codec from m$ site.
> otherwise we have to implement a 3rd win32 interface - it takes years and i
> doubt we're 'clever' enough to do it :(((((
> (i have no experience in win32 hackings, nor in ms c++ structures nor in
> windows sdk and api)

wmp 6.4 (mplayer2.exe) wont play it :(
and wont download any codec (at least for this clip, wmp tries to download but says no codec)

> > -P.S: I still have problem with the ml (I've upped ftp://ftp.
> > mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/Biosphere_Lounge.txt/wma for wma bug report)
> > -Now I'm using my email, I was made a mailbox for the ml but I can't post
> could you detail 'can't post' ? sender ml, does it return or silently
> disappears in teh path etc...
If I send to ml using mplayer @ netfarm.it (email -> mbox mplayer) (spaces are intentional) mails
are silenlty sent (i.e. no error on mailserver) but my mail are not in list.
If I use my main email (this) still works.