[MPlayer-dev-eng] Working on wmv9

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 8 21:43:52 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I'm still trying to make work wmv9
good luck :)

> I've the dlls, but they are windows media object
:(

> External func OLEAUT32.dll:8
> Warning: DS_Filter() no such class object.  (DLL=wmvdmod.dll)
> Failed to create DirectShow filter

yes it doesn't answer teh dshow filter registartion functions :(

> Window media objects are not ds filters... then they need new arch for
> micro$oft has made a sort of "protection" for these objects...

:(

someone should try if the old wmp (which dosn't support wmo, but does dshow)
can play such files by auto-downloading vfw/dshow codec from m$ site.
otherwise we have to implement a 3rd win32 interface - it takes years and i
doubt we're 'clever' enough to do it :(((((
(i have no experience in win32 hackings, nor in ms c++ structures nor in
windows sdk and api)

> -P.S: I still have problem with the ml (I've upped ftp://ftp.
> mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/Biosphere_Lounge.txt/wma for wma bug report)
> -Now I'm using my email, I was made a mailbox for the ml but I can't post
could you detail 'can't post' ? sender ml, does it return or silently
disappears in teh path etc...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team