[MPlayer-dev-eng] authors html->txt

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 8 21:33:53 CEST 2002

Hi,

>  > I'm thinking about moving some part of the html doc out, and place as
>  > plaintext in ./AUTHORS and some to DOCS/tech/ like maintainers section
>
> I'm currently in favor of everything that reduces the docs in size ;-)
>
> Do you mean AUTHORS or DOCS/AUTHORS?

AUTHORS, but maybe DOCS/AUTHORS or even DOCS/authors.html could work

btw do you have an easy method to do html->txt of authors/maintainers?
it's full of <UL> etc stuff and HREF mailto: urls...

> Another idea: How about splitting the README into README and INSTALL?
what would be in README then?
maybe just mv README INSTALL is better

>  > it has no much sense to 'translate' and sync these, nor to have them indexed
>  > by web search engines especially the spam bots
>
> Yes, spam is a problem and translations of these appendices are
> optional.
and syncing is a mess

>  > maybe even the skin-making howto could be moved to tech/
>  > no much sense of having it translated.
>
> I have mixed feelings about this one.  You do not have to be a hacker
> to make a skin.  Several of the contributed skins come from people who
> have probably no programming skills at all.  You just need a little
> bit of artistic skill and gimp proficiency.  I think it is somewhere
> in between the normal docs and the tech section.  It might however be
> interesting to people who will never touch the tech section, so I vote
> for leaving it where it is.
>
> The document is quite nice, btw.  It is well structured and uses
> colors, boxes and tables in a way that will not be easy to reproduce
> in plaintext format.
I didn't wanted to do ->text of skins, just move to tech/, but you're right

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team