[MPlayer-dev-eng] tga loader: problems with colors

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 8 00:16:57 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I've encountered a problem in my tga loading code:
>
> If I load the colors in the right order (B, G, R, A; according to the TGA
> docs), the colors are messed up in the encoded movie.
> If I load R first, then G, B and A, everything is fine, which shouldn't
> happen according to the docs.

read docs/tech/colorspaces.txt

> So I'm asking myself whether I may have messed up with that "out_fmt".
> Currently, I set this to IMGFMT_RGB24, but changing this BGR24 doesn't
> change anything. I'm using out_fmt the same way vd_mpng.c does, i.e.
> passing it as the third parameter to mpcodecs_config_vo().

rtfm. the mpcodecs_config_vo param is just a hint, for the case when
conversion is required. it is not used yet.
the actual list of upported colorspaces is in codecs.conf, and also you can
do it runtime implementing teh VDCTRL_QUERY_FORMAT in control(), see vd_raw
or vd_huffyuv for example

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team