[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Need help with drop-deinterlace plugin

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Wed Sep 4 22:09:41 CEST 2002

    Hi, Arpi!

Sometime (on Wednesday, September  4 at 22:16) I've received something...
>> >it can't see preovious unless it saves it (the mpi) and flag that it
>> >requires the previous frame
>>     It has to have static variable for that mpi and save/release mpi on
>no static var, use teh priv filed of vf_instance structyre to strore such thing

    The filter plugin have to save/release the mpi sctructure by itself,
eh?

>> is just to duplicate previous then codec will duplicate frame but I'm not
>> sure if it's the best way.
>if you only want to keep the previous frame on the screen, then you don't
>need the prev frame at all, just skip the current frame.

    It will work for screen output, not for mencoder. Since function
decode_video() will return 1 in that case anyway then mencoder will lose
the frame, so vf->put_image() must be called to the very end (ve_lavc.c:
put_image() for example). Since somefilter:put_image() doesn't know if it
is encoder call, it have to call vf_next_put_image() in any case. So my
question is how to let next put_image() know about duplicated frame? I
didn't find any other way except replace current frame with previous. :)

    At least, thank you, I found almost all I wanted and I will try to
write that filter.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.