[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Need help with drop-deinterlace plugin

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Sep 4 21:36:10 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Sometime (on Wednesday, September  4 at 16:11) I've received something...
> >> 1. Where the plugin can find decoded frames: current and previous?
> >it can't see preovious unless it saves it (the mpi) and flag that it
> >requires the previous frame
>
>     It has to have static variable for that mpi and save/release mpi on
no static var, use teh priv filed of vf_instance structyre to strore such thing

> each call or I got it wrong? Is there any way to place previous frame
> into vf_instance_t structure? Anyway codec already has previous frame
> anywhere.
it depends on the codec. some has soem not, ans it's mostly handled inside
the codec so you can't ven see it.

> >> 3. How plugin can tell to skip the frame?
> >return NULL; instead of return mpi;
>
>     Hmm... You meant vf_next_put_image(vf, NULL) ? But it will produce
sorry i meant vd not vf.
so, do NOT call vf_next_put_image() just return.

> segmentation fault at least. If i get it right then plugins are called
yes

> from function decode_video() by vf->put_image(vf,mpi) ? Only way I found
yes

> is just to duplicate previous then codec will duplicate frame but I'm not
> sure if it's the best way.

if you only want to keep the previous frame on the screen, then you don't
need the prev frame at all, just skip the current frame.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team