[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD Vbr Libary

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Wed Sep 4 02:08:06 CEST 2002

Clemens WXchter writes:

> spending a lot (I guess really a lot because it is new to me) of
> time for something that is shortly later replaced by a new library
> would be ... hm how should I put it... but you surely know what I
> mean...  Anyway, if it is needed I would be glad to donate a new
> divx4_vbr.c

Why not go on hacking XviD VBR Library then?  This would give a base
to work without wasting to much time.  I have already nearly done the
work needed for it to work with mencoder (if you want to work on this
bit allocation engine I can send you the patches).

Then we can go on improving it until we get top quality encoding...
Another possibility is to try and use the one from libavcodec.
Anybody knows anything about it?

Kim Minh.