[MPlayer-dev-eng] New commandline options for audio filters

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Oct 31 06:01:06 CET 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 10:19:42AM +0800, Anders Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will change the -af option to conform with the -vop option. I will
> also add a new option -af-adv that has sub options for more advanced
> control of the audio filter layer. These sub-options will include
> things such as how the automatic filter adding is performed and in the
> future switches for floating point, etc.
>
> I will wait a few hours before I commit to the CVS in case someone has
> any objections or other comments on this.

Sounds good! IMO, the options that control how automatic filter
insertion works should go into -af-adv (perhaps call it -afauto?),
while any options for specific filters should be included with the
filter name in the -af list, i.e.

-af volume=200,format=8,resample=32000

Even silly things like this should be possible:

-af format=8,resample=22050,volume=50,format=16,resample=44100

Also filters should be in forward order (opposite order of -vop).

Rich