[MPlayer-dev-eng] GUI related, Zoltan?

David Holm david at realityrift.com
Thu Oct 31 00:34:54 CET 2002

Hi,
I've been looking for a way of communication between vo_dxr3 and the gui. I
don't fully understand how you tell mplayer to use dxr3 as an output device
since all I can find are gstrcmp, no gstrcpy or something like that.
Anyway, it would be great if you could activate prebuf and sync from the gui's
config as well. The best method I could come up with would be to have a
vo_dxr3.h which defines prebuf and newsync, that way the gui can set them to
0/1 easily, but I'm not sure this would be accepted so perhaps a cleaner way
of general communications between the gui and vo-devices are required.

I'm also working on overlay support which is almost finished (I hope). It
would be great if this could be activated from the gui config as well since
users that use overlay are most likely using the gui as well.

//David Holm