[MPlayer-dev-eng] -ofps in mplayer?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Oct 15 21:30:07 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > why ? you can use -fps
>
> No, that's not the same.. -fps changes the speed of the movie.. -ofps changes
> the framerate of the output... That is, the destination .avi in mencoder..  I

yes. -ofps is on my future TODO list for long time, but it's not trivial at
all to implement, needs deeper changes. (introducing new time counters, as
in the curret code video is synced to audio but you want time-based sync).

> and when it is paused, so we know how fast we should send moving data, and so
> we can still browse what video to play next when the current one is paused...

redisplaying frames in pause mode is impossible, search the archive for
details. hint: direct rendering / slice rendering.
(the whole decoded video image is not stored in the memory - compare it to
old VCR's pause mode, they couldn't just pause a frame, they looped a short
few frame sequence instead. some new ones has digital framebuffer and they
capture/display image from that, in lower quality...)

> I'm just asking you how hard it would be to implement it, because you guys
hard enough to not to start today.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team