[MPlayer-dev-eng] libavcodec bug ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Oct 13 22:37:46 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > I've sent mail to ffmpeg-devel some time ago about 2 unplayable asf files,
> > now i've found that interlaced xvid decoding is broken too.
> > It seems that -lavdopts bug=2 is ignored, and the decoding also looks much
> > worse without =bug than before.
> >
> > mphq sample:
> > MPlayer/samples/ffmpeg-bugs/xvid-bug/TheTimeMachine.avi
> bug=5 or bug=20 now (i had to change that as xvid&ump4 contain multiple bugs
> so 1 2 3 4 5 doesnt work -> 1 2 4 8 16) or change fourcc to XVIX (there is no
> way to detect that, and AFIAK this never was playable if fourcc != XVIX &&
> bug!=2) the only difference is the number now (5=4 for interlacing bug + 1
> for autodetect or 20= 4 for interlacing bug + 16 for padding bug)

ah ok. time to update the docs and my mind :)

btw, it plays more or less ok with -lavdopts bug=4, until i add -noslices
then it freezes. dunno if it's a bug just noted.

> btw, feel free to send any thank-u-emails to the xvid developers, for not
> adding any id into the files (i asked them several times (personally & over
> their ML) and was ignored)
ok :)
maybe it's better to preape a patch and commit than waiting for them 4ever...

> > the asf files i meantioned, in case ffmpeg mail never arrives:
> > MPlayer/samples/ffmpeg-bugs/16apa300.asf
> dunno, isnt playable with an old version i tried either, was this ever
> playable (ill try to fix it anyway ...)
yes it was not playable with week old version, i didn't say so...

> > MPlayer/samples/ffmpeg-bugs/16paul300.asf
> just fixed
thanks again!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team