[MPlayer-dev-eng] libavcodec bug ?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Oct 13 21:59:07 CEST 2002

Hi

On Sunday 13 October 2002 21:55, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've sent mail to ffmpeg-devel some time ago about 2 unplayable asf files,
> now i've found that interlaced xvid decoding is broken too.
> It seems that -lavdopts bug=2 is ignored, and the decoding also looks much
> worse without =bug than before.
>
> mphq sample:
> MPlayer/samples/ffmpeg-bugs/xvid-bug/TheTimeMachine.avi
bug=5 or bug=20 now (i had to change that as xvid&ump4 contain multiple bugs
so 1 2 3 4 5 doesnt work -> 1 2 4 8 16) or change fourcc to XVIX (there is no
way to detect that, and AFIAK this never was playable if fourcc != XVIX &&
bug!=2) the only difference is the number now (5=4 for interlacing bug + 1
for autodetect or 20= 4 for interlacing bug + 16 for padding bug)

btw, feel free to send any thank-u-emails to the xvid developers, for not
adding any id into the files (i asked them several times (personally & over
their ML) and was ignored)

> the asf files i meantioned, in case ffmpeg mail never arrives:
> MPlayer/samples/ffmpeg-bugs/16apa300.asf
dunno, isnt playable with an old version i tried either, was this ever
playable (ill try to fix it anyway ...)

> MPlayer/samples/ffmpeg-bugs/16paul300.asf
just fixed

Michael