[MPlayer-dev-eng] help output wording

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Oct 6 19:13:33 CEST 2002

Hi everyone!

The help output currently contains the following two lines:

-vcd <trackno>  play VCD (Video CD) track from device instead of plain file
-dvd <titleno>  play DVD title from device instead of plain file

I'm not really content with the wording as it is.  The point is that
VCDs/DVDs need not be mounted, mplayer is not playing a mounted file but
accessing the raw device directly.  I have some alternative suggestions:

-dvd <titleno>  directly play DVD title
-dvd <titleno>  directly play DVD title from device
-dvd <titleno>  directly play DVD title from raw (not mounted) device

The first is probably an oversimplification, I like the third best.  VCD
would be analogous of course.  Any better ideas?

Diego