[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] (fonts && downloadable files && documentation) || Gui

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sat Oct 5 18:51:23 CEST 2002

Hi folks,

Not a serious bug, but a nerving one ...

The MPlayer-Docu and the Readme of the mp-arial-iso-8859-1.zip-fonts-package
say:

    mkdir ~/.mplayer/font
    cd ~/.mplayer/font
    unzip mp-arial-iso-8859-1.zip
    ln -s ~/.mplayer/font/arial-24 font

or

Usage:
select font size and copy the content of the directory to ~/.mplayer/font/
example: cp arial-18/* ~/.mplayer/font/

The first one is even wrong, because there is a directory in the .zip-file
called iso-8859-1 (before arial-24, so dead symlink) ...

No one of them seems to work, because the gui always gives the error:

font: can't open file: /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc

It doesn't seem to care about a local (home-dir) font-file ...

I wonder if this is a bug in the gui or in the config-code ...

I hope this helps,

cu

Fabian

PS: Sorry, I don't have the time for a patch or more detailed bug report.
Please excuse ...