[MPlayer-dev-eng] Sorry, but can I add licence lines in sources?

Björn Sandell biorn at dce.chalmers.se
Thu Nov 21 22:17:32 CET 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:31:50 +0100
Dariusz Pietrzak <eyck at nowanet.lub.pl> wrote:

> Anyhoo, i've got this problem - some sources in mplayer have their
> licence removed ( i.e. they are taken from some GPL or sth project, and
> have licence lines erased ), can I re-add this?
> ftp-masters said they cannot distribute mplayer because of such
> problems.
>  And another licence stuff - there are some files, that are written
> specially for mplayer, but have no licence, since mplayer was supposed
> to be GPL, it should be safe to assume that if someone written
> something for integration into mplayer, he has to use GPL licence.
>  Is it possible for people that commited those files to add some licence?
> Or can/should I do that?

I strongly agree with this! If there are files without licens/copyright
statements, please do add them. (And I hope this talk about removed licenes
is some urban myth or something. ;)

--
Björn Sandell       DCE/DFS Sysadmin       IT department
Chalmers University of Technology    www.dce.chalmers.se