[MPlayer-dev-eng] Playback speed - FFWD and slow-motion

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.uwa.edu.au
Tue Nov 19 08:08:02 CET 2002

Hi,

Just thinking:

If I wrote an audio filter which could do change the amount of data in
the audio stream by stuffing or removing samples (and fix with it so
it sounds good), then if the sample rate was kept fix the playback of
the sound would increase and decrease (the pitch would change too but
that can't be helped). Question is if the A/V sync could keep up with
the changes? Can it? If it can we could have fast forward and slow
motion quite soon :)

Another thing I have been thinking of: Could the playback direction be
changed to play the movie in reverse?

BTW: I want to write an output driver for jack.
http://jackit.sourceforge.net/
Anyone against that?

Cheers,
//Anders