[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: debian/ stuff

Dariusz Pietrzak eyck at nowanet.lub.pl
Mon Nov 4 10:28:13 CET 2002

Subject:  conffiles in debian subdirectory
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 02:23:02PM +0100, Jeremy Rosen wrote:
> codecs.conf is not really a config file, at least not one that users
> will commonly edit.
codecs.conf belongs in share/, methinks.

> mplayer.conf is a generated file, I already tried putting it into
> conffiles in the past, but then dpkg-deb complains:
Hmm, mplayer.conf is supposed to be generated, and there should be a
question that apear during configure phase of installation that ask if
user want to overwrite this file.
Here are those lines:
"
Template: mplayer/overwrite
Type: boolean
Default: false
 Should I overwrite your current /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf with the one
 created on the fly based on your answers?
" ( postinst.templates )

I thought that that's the best solution. Can anyone tell me why this is
wrong?

regards, Eyck

----- End forwarded message -----