[MPlayer-dev-eng] life after the 0.90 release...

Kees Cook mplayer at outflux.net
Thu May 30 17:46:18 CEST 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 04:33:56PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> 4. demuxer api changes, transfer demuxer modules to plugins [me, albeu?]
>
> - the current switch(){} method should be replaced by libmpcodecs-like
>   plugin api.
> - add support for demuxing more than one audio/video/sub streams,
>   required for mencoder to convert multilanguage etc files
> - better support for dvdnav

dvdnav needs several things:
- a way to change the video, audio, and/or sub streams while in the middle
  of play back.
- a way to stop video decode, and keep displaying the last rendered frame
- a way to "flush" the video decode to the screen.  for example "play
  everything that's current in the buffer, but don't ask for any more than
  that."  That would be used for smooth video stream changes.  Same thing
  might be needed for audio and sub changes, too.
- better spu handling, but so far, I'm not really sure what's needed.  It
  looks like it needs the ability to change the palette on an existing
  SPU, and then only render a certain rectangle of the entire spu's
  image.  It seems that menu SPUs are an entire image, and that when
  selections move, the rectangle for what's "visible" from that menu SPU
  changes, along with palette information.

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net