[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] in mms support

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 14 00:22:27 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Do you want to have mmst support in mplayer even if the protocol is
> less well understood than the current mms over http?
> The current mms over http has been tested for some time now, and it's
> working fine AFAIK.
> I'm just afraid that by adding the mmst support, mplayer will be less reliab
> le
> than by using the http one. Note that the proper fall back should be
> mmsu, mmst and then http.

what about this order: http, mmst (mmsu if implemented)

so, if http fails (as many bugreports says at -users, they're getting 404
error with this http stuff) then try mmst.

ie. use http if possible, an dfallback to mmst if http fails.

it won't decrease realiability/stability, but will give a chance to servers
which refuse http mode.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team