[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PROPOSAL] BIG mplayer manpage update (3)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat May 4 22:15:38 CEST 2002

Hi,

>     - added some undocumented options, tried to describe divx5
>       suboptions

divx5 options has been added by men, but they don't work at all, as
the released divx5linux lib doesn't contain these features, just
the API to access these :(
i get to known that these are available in divx5pro only, but no
divx5pro for linux (yet).

>     - I'm not sure at all about the position of the following

jpeg -> -vo jpeg (vidoe out)
dump - mplayer specific (imho this code should be moved to mencoder later)
mf*  - input/demuxer options
tv*  - input/demuxer options

>     - mplayer specific options are not very defined (What
>       exactly are they / should they be?)
everything in cfg-mplayer.h is mplayer specific :)

> Future ideas/TODO:
>     - check ssf, divx5 subopts (especially temporal and spatial)
>     - add description for: use-stdin, dumpsub, divx5 subopts
>       (obmc, intra_frame_threshold, interlace_mode, mv_file),
>       lame subopt aq (?)
>     - more/better examples, sometimes add more detailled options
>     - description of new options by their authors?
>     - translations? (german, hungarian, polish) :(
imho we should finish english version first

> Please check_ before commiting!
> Comments/ideas are welcome.
> Just tell me what to change and I'll try to make a second
> version...
ok

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team